Sunday, June 24, 2007

The ongoing story of my belly...

Just to keep you up to date:

The antibiotics which I had to take for the E. coli really helped but it wasn't long after I stopped taking them that I started to get yucky poos again. The doctor advised some more tests but there was nothing there. Last weekend the ladies at the church said they knew what was wrong with me. They called it 'empacho' and said they would give me medicine on Sunday. The medicine was more yucky than my poos! They also rubbed olive oil into my belly and back. By Friday my tummy felt normal again.

But today in church they gave me the medicine again. This time mummy was there to see the process. I was not happy but it is helping me to get better and I got lots of cuddles for being brave. They say I have eaten something that is sticking to my stomach and everyone blames it on the fact that I suck my fingers. Mummy says I'm going to have to stop. I have a feeling I'm not going to want to but if I don't have to take the yucky cocktail of olive oil, bicarbonate of soda and lime juice then it might be worth it!

No comments :